So I graduate tomorrow! I made these for a project where I had to set up a mock of what my future bakery will look like and write a business plan and my best friend and I won! I made these and a few other things, we wanted to make classic recipes but with a twist and this is a great edition. I have been baking a lot because I have some form of mono which is bad so I’m trying to keep myself awake and this helps. I will be posting everything else later after all the graduation stuff.
3/4 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
Half cup (90g) unsweetened cocoa
4 large eggs
1 cup (200g) vanilla sugar
12 tablespoons (6 ounces; 185g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Butter for buttering the Madeleine tins
1. Sift together the flour, cocoa and the salt.
2. Place the eggs and the sugar in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until thick and lemon-colored. Fold in the flour, then melted butter.
3. Butter the Madeleine pans, then spoon in the batter, filling each about three fourths full. Refrigerate the filled Madeleine pans and the remaining batter for one hour.
4. Heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
5. Bake the Madeleine’s just until they are firm and puffed, about 7 minutes. Turn them immediately from the molds, wipe out the molds, let cool and continue baking the Madeleine’s until all of the batter is used. The Madeleine’s are best when eaten slightly warm or at room temperature the same day they are made.